- Fastest Ironman courses in the world: Average finish time 11:37, about one hour faster than normal
- Easiest Ironman events an athlete can qualify for Kona: with 100 slots available, more than 5% qualified
Our results analysis indicate that 2014 performances were about average for Ironman Melbourne. Overall finish time was about the same as in 2012; and when you factor out the fact that conditions shortened the swim by half, splits were fairly consistent with 2013 as well.
We've run the numbers to examine Ironman Melbourne 2014 from every angle: Overall, by average finish time, by split, by year, by age group, by finishers and DNFs, plus a correlation between bike and run splits. Our analysis is presented below.
For a more comprehensive view of Ironman Melbourne 2014, see our other related articles,
- Ironman Melbourne 2012 Results Analysis
- Ironman Melbourne 2013 Results Analysis
- RunTri's Toughest/Easiest Ironman Course Rankings
- Ironman Kona Slots and Qualifying Times for Selected Races 2013
- . . . and for much much more, see our complete Stats/Results/Analysis archive