Ironman Kona 2012 Race Coverage:
- Results Analysis: Ironman Kona 2012 World Championship
- Ironman Kona 2012 Results Analysis by Country
- Ironman Kona 2012 Race Photos
Kona Results and Analysis
- Results, Statistics and Analysis 2002 to present
- 2011 Results Analysis
- 2010 Race Results
- Starters, DNS and DNF Analysis
- Average Finish Times by Age Group 2002 to 2010
- Average Swim, Bike, Run Splits by Age Group
- Correlation between Bike and Run Split Times
- Headwinds, Tailwinds, Impact on Bike Split and Finish Times
What's it like to race the Ironman in Hawaii? It's everything you've ever thought it would be, and much more. You'll know what I mean when you get there. Want to race in Kona? We've competed in the Hawaii Ironman there times; here's just about everything you need to know, from stats, results to the complete story of the race from start to finish.
Savor that last mile. You will have trained and raced thousands of miles over the years to get there, For the first 1000 meters of it, you will probably be alone. Most of the spectators are at the finish line. In that relative solitude, reflect on all you’ve done to get to that point.
Two right turns later, and you’re on Alii Drive. Sacred Ground. At first you won’t see the finish line, but you’ll hear it. You keep going. Then you see the bright lights, you hear Mike Reilly welcoming home the athletes ahead of you.
Then it’s your turn. The best 100 yards in endurance sports. Slow down. High five spectators., cross the line with your favorite gesture as Mike Reilly says it:
You are An Ironman.
Ironman Kona World Championship
Qualify for Kona
Featured Ironman Qualifiers